Instructional Coordinator - JA BizTown and JA STEM Summit (part-time)
Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee is seeking high energy, proactive, detail- orientated individuals to serve as part-time, seasonal Instructional Coordinators to assist with the JA BizTown program (5th grade) and JA STEM Summit (high school). The hours for this position will vary depending on when students are participating in each program, up to around 21 hours.
About JA BizTown:
JA BizTown is an experiential learning program for 4th - 6th grade students incorporating elements of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. Students engage in the roles of workers and consumers in a series of classroom lessons that culminates in a visit to our fully-interactive simulated town. Students learn entrepreneurial and personal finance skills while they work and shop in their own vibrant community.
About the JA STEM Summit:
The JA STEM Summit is a one day event to inspire high school students about opportunities withing STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) areas for high growth careers. The day involves competitions, experiments and career panels. The goal of the STEM Summit is to encourage students to find their passion and pursue appropriate courses through the remainder of their high school time.
As a part-time Instructional Coordinator, you will assist with the daily operation of the JA BizTown simulation or the JA STEM Summit.
You will act as a resource to students, volunteers and teachers, and will support the implementation of activities including:
- Facilitate simulation activities efficiently and effectively by managing processes for assigned businesses/groups, including hands on instruction with students;
- Train adult volunteers for their role within the program (this includes presenting to large and small groups, and one-on-one instruction);
- Maintain overall instructional excellence of the program for all stakeholders (teachers, volunteers & students);
- Assist with necessary set up of the JA BizTown facility for student visits and volunteer training sessions;
- Monitor inventory of simulation supplies;
- Assist Manager with various administrative tasks in support of the program, as needed.
JA STEM Summit
You will assist with setup and facilitation of the event days. There will be travel to school sites.
- Assist with setup activities at the school to ensure summit is ready for operation.
- Ensure volunteers are trained and orientated as to their assignment
- Monitor modules to ensure they are running as designed & help facilitate where necessary
- Support volunteers & ensure safety/well-being of all participants
- Assist in break down at end of day including returning of summit materials to JA.
- Proven experience working with school-aged children (preferably in the 9-17 age range) in an educational setting
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Computer literate, ability to troubleshoot computer issues
- Knowledge of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) area
We will be looking to hire two to three coordinators to join our team at part-time hourly pay of $10-$11/hr (depending upon experience - please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested, with "JA Instructional Coordinator" in the subject line.