Special Events & Marketing Manager
The Special Events & Marketing Manager is an integral part of the development team at Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee. Primarily, this management role oversees the organization of four (4) major flagship fundraising events that are modeled after JA USA’s fundraising event concepts: JA Bowl-a-thon, JA Golf Classic, JA Awareness Breakfast and the Nashville Business Hall of Fame as well as the Associate Board of Director’s annual blind wine tasting: Bottles for BizTown.
From creative conceptualization to final stewardship activities, the Special Events and Marketing Manager is responsible for design, execution and growth of these initiatives in collaboration with the Development and Marketing Manager. In addition, the Special Events and Marketing Manager oversees the press relations for all events (both for development and programs) including media advisories, press releases and media relations.
- Organize and execute as team with Development and Marketing Manager all fundraising initiatives for four (4) major fundraisers and additional small events, including third party fundraising initiatives
- Bottles for BizTown Blind Wine Tasting
- JA Bowl-a-thon
- JA Golf Classic
- JA Awareness Breakfast
- Nashville Business Hall of Fame
- Create compelling sponsorship proposals, presentations, and actively seek appropriate prospects to fulfill each of the opportunities
- Communicate with event participants, sponsors and volunteers for seamless execution
- Create detailed budgets for each event while managing expenses and maximizing all revenue opportunities.
- Seek new, creative, opportunities for each of the events to keep them relevant and successful
- Be an overall steward and representative of Junior Achievement and its mission and programmatic goals, maximizing community connections and relationships.
- Serve as the organization’s media and marketing agent
- Create reporting on events and structure strategy for growth
- Assist the Development Department with the preparation of income and expenses budgets as well as cash flow projections.
- JA of Middle Tennessee is a fun, creative and extremely fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a great attitude, creative spirit, phenomenal people skills and be incredibly attentive to details.
- Excellent communication skills are a must: writing, presentation & relationship building.
- Computer proficiency: all Microsoft office programs (especially excel) and a good handle of all social media platforms. Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Manage any third party events and/or promotions that involve fundraising or unearned revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of experience with large scale fundraising events
- Fundraising or sales experience
- Basic computer skills
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends, especially during the months: April - June
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs
- Load and unload event supplies
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Creative strategist with a good business sense for increasing revenue to fulfill the mission of the organization
- Customer-service oriented professional
- Team player
Please submit resume and cover letter, including salary requirements (the range for this position is $35,000-40,000 depending on experience), to Rachel Dyer, Senior Director of Operations and Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject title: JA Events
Absolutely no phone calls, please, and resumes submitted without a cohesive, thoughtful cover letter will not be considered. In addition, please submit one (1) paragraph (200 words or less) explaining why you think you are unique. This doesn’t necessarily have to pertain to the job at hand, but could just be a personal explanation about your individuality.
Deadline to submit your application package is April 20, 2018
Instructional Coordinator - JA BizTown and JA STEM Summit (part-time)
Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee is seeking high energy, proactive, detail- orientated individuals to serve as part-time, seasonal Instructional Coordinators to assist with the JA BizTown program (5th grade) and JA STEM Summit (high school). The hours for this position will vary depending on when students are participating in each program, up to around 21 hours.
About JA BizTown:
JA BizTown is an experiential learning program for 4th - 6th grade students incorporating elements of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. Students engage in the roles of workers and consumers in a series of classroom lessons that culminates in a visit to our fully-interactive simulated town. Students learn entrepreneurial and personal finance skills while they work and shop in their own vibrant community.
About the JA STEM Summit:
The JA STEM Summit is a one day event to inspire high school students about opportunities withing STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) areas for high growth careers. The day involves competitions, experiments and career panels. The goal of the STEM Summit is to encourage students to find their passion and pursue appropriate courses through the remainder of their high school time.
As a part-time Instructional Coordinator, you will assist with the daily operation of the JA BizTown simulation or the JA STEM Summit.
You will act as a resource to students, volunteers and teachers, and will support the implementation of activities including:
- Facilitate simulation activities efficiently and effectively by managing processes for assigned businesses/groups, including hands on instruction with students;
- Train adult volunteers for their role within the program (this includes presenting to large and small groups, and one-on-one instruction);
- Maintain overall instructional excellence of the program for all stakeholders (teachers, volunteers & students);
- Assist with necessary set up of the JA BizTown facility for student visits and volunteer training sessions;
- Monitor inventory of simulation supplies;
- Assist Manager with various administrative tasks in support of the program, as needed.
JA STEM Summit
You will assist with setup and facilitation of the event days. There will be travel to school sites.
- Assist with setup activities at the school to ensure summit is ready for operation.
- Ensure volunteers are trained and orientated as to their assignment
- Monitor modules to ensure they are running as designed & help facilitate where necessary
- Support volunteers & ensure safety/well-being of all participants
- Assist in break down at end of day including returning of summit materials to JA.
- Proven experience working with school-aged children (preferably in the 9-17 age range) in an educational setting
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Computer literate, ability to troubleshoot computer issues
- Knowledge of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) area
We will be looking to hire two to three coordinators to join our team at part-time hourly pay of $10-$11/hr (depending upon experience - please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested, with "JA Instructional Coordinator" in the subject line.