JA BizTown Instructional Coordinator (part-time)
As a part-time Instructional Coordinator, you will assist with the daily operation of the JA BizTown simulation. You will act as a resource to students, volunteers and teachers, and will support the implementation of activities including:
- Facilitate simulation activities efficiently and effectively by managing processes for assigned businesses/groups, including hands on instruction with students;
- Train adult volunteers for their role within the program (this includes presenting to large and small groups, and one-on-one instruction);
- Maintain overall instructional excellence of the program for all stakeholders (teachers, volunteers & students);
- Assist with necessary set up of the JA BizTown facility for student visits and volunteer training sessions;
- Monitor inventory of simulation supplies;
- Assist Director with various administrative tasks in support of the program, as needed.
- Proven experience working with school-aged children (preferably in the 9-13 age range) in an educational setting
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Computer literate, ability to troubleshoot computer issues
We will be looking to hire two to three coordinators to join our team at part-time hourly pay of $10/hr - please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested.
District Manager - Rutherford County (full-time)
This position manages all aspects of designated geographic/market area including fundraising and class solicitations, recruitment and support of volunteers, assuring program quality, implementing marketing plan and managing the Regional Advisory Board and Committee relations.
- Assures that area revenue meets the targeted budget goal.
- Successfully carries out special events and other fundraising activities, including development of appropriate sponsorships and incentives to secure participation.
- Develops corporate and individual relationships to secure ongoing financial support.
- Implements contingency plan and achieves make up for any shortfalls.
- Develops and implements presentations at prospective firms. Secures commitments received for each account in geographic area. Manages sales strategy to secure new companies for geographic area.
- Delivers sales presentations to support strategic plan to schools and prospective teachers. Assures renewal commitments of schools/teachers.
- Recruits, trains and places volunteers from companies in geographic/market area.
- Implements evaluation process and quality improvement to increase retention of volunteers and to assure fidelity to program implementation standards. Incorporates implementation of JA of Middle Tennessee recognition programs in area.
- Interacts with Regional Advisory Board and Committee in geographic area. Ensures regular communication with board members and facilitates meetings. Provides assistance in identifying leadership for appropriate Board positions.
Knowledge of the Rutherford County market, including business, education and volunteer groups. Bachelors degree or equivalent. Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills. Computer literacy.
Previous experience in marketing or managing fundraising events.
Position is full-time with benefits
Hourly: $18-20/hour depending on experience
CONTACT INFORMATION & PROCEDURE:
Please send an introductory e-mail with cover letter (which includes a personal statement and details of experience in Rutherford County) and resume to Rachel Dyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "DISTRICT MANAGER".
Please, no phone inquiries.