Students entering the 21st century workplace will face an occupational world unrecognizable to their parents. Many of the jobs they will pursue didn't exist ten years ago. The majority of high paying jobs will be in STEM related career fields. Some will require advanced degrees, but many will just require advanced training. One thing they all require though is a commitment to being the best at what you do. That is why it is critical for students to discover a career that gets them excited; one where they discover their passion.
About the STEM Summit
- Day long program held at a high school
- Coordinated by Junior Achievement
- Utilizing 30 business volunteers
- each volunteer has a specific STEM career
- careers are shared with students throughout the day
- Consists of nine 30 minute sessions
- 3 sets of experiments
- 3 sets of competitions
- 3 sets of career panel presentations
- Goal of the Summit
- Inspire students to pursue an academic STEM focus
- Guidance counselors guide them toward appropriate coursework
For more information, contact us!